Banner image credits

Girl from Haunting Heroines! Other credits: BG from Holliewood Studios Haute Halloween, letters from Finecrafted Designs Sandy Shore Alpha, cobwebs, spider and overlay from CryztalRain, spooky dead underbrush from Lorie Davison's Before the First Snow. Hat, wand and creamer from my own collection.

September 5, 2012

A new Halloween kit and an Altered Baking Tin

"Everyone tells ghost stories, but few have ever seen a ghost.” But now you can say you have seen a ghost...Or perhaps a vampire or even a zombie! We have assembled an array of femme fatales for you to use in your paranormal or Halloween layouts and cut and paste pieces. 
Png files and jpeg collage sheets are included! 
I want to share with you a piece I made today for a friend. I got the idea from a picture I pinned from Wendy on my CT. Here is the original link...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/83081205...-tin-halloween
It was featured in Somerset Studio (the original one, not mine). I found a great old tin for a buck at my local flea market. I then made a collage sheet in CS5 with 8 girls from this kit sized to fit. I used a black hat that we have included in several of our micro kits. After cutting and pasting them onto circles measured to fit in the holes, I distressed them with ink and pan pastels. I then went through an old book and found some fitting words or phrases and glued them onto the girls. I attached the scrabble tiles with E6000 and then glued some silver tinsel around the edge of the tin. I attached a skeleton key and a few found objects to the bottom and then wrapped the whole thing with some wire. And...Voila! A great vintagey piece for Halloween!





3 comments:

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Love Love Love your Halloween art. So magical! I've been visiting you for a while and just wondering if you might want to join a Halloween charm swap I'm trying to get together. Just give me a holler if interested. Happy (early) Halloween! :)

Gaby Bee said...

Your altered backing tin looks amazing! Great idea!

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog for a visit so that I could now discover your beautiful Blog...and yes, it's ok :)

Hugs,
Gaby

Gaby Bee said...

I just wanted to send along some wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Gaby