Banner image credits

Girl from Haunting Heroines! Other credits: BG from Holliewood Studios Haute Halloween, letters from Finecrafted Designs Sandy Shore Alpha, cobwebs, spider and overlay from CryztalRain, spooky dead underbrush from Lorie Davison's Before the First Snow. Hat, wand and creamer from my own collection.

June 2, 2012

My Body is a Cage swap


I joined an ATC blog swap that was being hosted by my friend and CT member Marion Bockelman.  The theme was "My Body is a Cage" and we had to use a cage as a body part.  I chose one of my favorite girls from our May Flowers kit from Hidden Vintage Studios and combined it with a take on the lyrics from A Fine Frenzy song called "What I Wouldn't DO".  The lyric says:
"With my heart beating
like a bomb in a birdcage,
I left before
someone got hurt."
I have to tell you that actually sitting at my desk instead of in front of my computer was very refreshing!  I had to borrow a brush from my DD Macey to apply the glue (mine were all dried up from disuse!)  I haven't made an ATC in over 2 years!  I have always found the size to be a challenge and this was no exception.  But I am so glad I have done this and cannot wait to see what I get in return.  The updates that Marion provides on her blog are showing some fantastic ATC's!  I remember when I used to do more swaps and trading, it was like Christmas when I checked my mailbox. 


Speaking of getting presents in the mail, a couple of other CT members have treated me to some wonderful things in the mail too!  First up is an altered canvas and a sweet little tag from Wendy at Bliss Angels.  She made the canvas as an example for our Sittin' Pretty Ladies kit.  I asked her what she does with all of her physical pieces and she offered to send it to me.  Of Course! I said yes!  It looks great hanging in my studio.


Her friend Kim from Tabby's Place also sent me a couple of goodies she made for our kits!  The altered book is AMAZING in person.  The textures are just wonderful.  And the PC is the best!  It combines several of our people from our kits and the feel of it is indescribable.  SO smooth and shiny.  I also have them displayed in my studio.  Thanks so much ladies!  So glad to own originals from you.


Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

bockel24 said...

Your ATCs are wonderful, Tracey, and I hope you´ll make some ATCs more often from now on ;-) Have to google that song /find it on Youtube now!

roc said...

how great for you to cut and paste once again. no matter what medium you choose to work in, your work is always amazing!

Sandy said...

Wow Tracey your ATC´s rock.
Stunning work and design. Love them. xoxo

Martina2801 said...

Tracey, I love your wonderful ATC`s! They are gorgeous! Wish me luck that I get one of them. Hugs MARTINA

And here are mine:
http://martinas-stempel-gewerkel.blogspot.de/2012/04/6th-annual-blog-swap-announcement-my.html

Char said...

Fabulous ATCs Love the way you have show cased them.

Glenda said...

Love those ATCs Tracey. I love Marions swaps. Always great themes to work with :-)