Banner image credits

Girl from Haunting Heroines! Other credits: BG from Holliewood Studios Haute Halloween, letters from Finecrafted Designs Sandy Shore Alpha, cobwebs, spider and overlay from CryztalRain, spooky dead underbrush from Lorie Davison's Before the First Snow. Hat, wand and creamer from my own collection.

December 12, 2010

Hunkered Down...

What's the only thing to do when you are hunkering down for a winter storm to hit? Stay all day in your studio and play!
I finished several projects I have been working on and it felt good.
This first project is an altered book. I saw one on flickr and fell in love.
You can see it here.
It took a long time to hollow it out but I would work on it while
watching tv, etc. and it was worth it!
This next piece I just threw together but I love how it turned out. Remember those glitter birds from a previous post? I had one left and I decided to make it a nest in a thrifted gravy boat I bought. I think it is so sweet. I put it on my powder room counter.
These snowflakes were from a tutorial on the Joli Paquet blog.
I have a ton of these glittery snowflakes and decided to try their idea.
I just love blue and silver together, don't you?
Well thanks so much for stopping by and if you were hit
with the same storm, please be careful!
I am hoping that school gets canceled tomorrow as I made
a deal with my boss to stay home and just check messages.
So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

The book turned out really nice! Love it! The bird is sweet too.
Hoping for a snow day too!
Snowy Smiles
M

Faerie Moon Creations said...

I LOVE everything you made, Tracey. We had to cancel our activities for the day, too. But we got all our Christmas cards ready to go. So, at least that was a plus. :) All we had was rain - but LOTS and LOTS of rain, in addition to high winds. Yuck! Have a great week (by the way, I love your falling snowflakes). :) Theresa

Diane said...

You are so talented Tracey! That book is awesome!! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday season!

Terri Kahrs said...

Everything is GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm reading this a day late -- did you get your snow date???? I can't imagine the wonderful things you'd add to this collection with another "free" day!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

roc said...

wonderful art tracey! love everything you posted! hope you are doing well!

Auntie Bliss said...

Wow that is gorgeous!!!!